With a large front J-zip pocket to keep shovel and probe handy, Osprey’s Kode 42 is ideal for ski or snowboard mountaineering or a winter hut trip.
The innovative LightWire™ suspension system combine with a padded hipbelt to carry loads up to 40 pounds without sacrificing stability. The Thermoformed backpanel and contoured shoulder straps provide comfort when you’re out all day to notch a first descent on a distant peak.
There are two options to access your gear—through the top or via a zippered backpanel. The backpanel also has a built-in pocket for a hydration reservoir which routes through the shoulder harness to prevent freezing. Under the top lid, a rope carrying compression strap keeps the cord handy for glacier crossings or quick rappels.
On the outside of the pack, you’ll find straps for multiple ski and snowboard carry options and an ice axe loop just in case you encounter firm conditions. All contact points are reinforced to minimize wear from metal edges.
Other winter-specific features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice axe loop, and a scratch-free goggle pocket. Glove friendly buckles and zippers poles keep your hands covered when you’re making the transition from skins to skis on a wind-blown summit.
AVALANCHE GEAR STORAGE POCKET - Extra-large front pocket with J-zip access for avalanche safety gear includes shovel handle and probe sleeves
SKI AND SNOWBOARD CARRY OPTIONS - Skis—A-frame or diagonal Snowboards—Vertical or horizontal
- A-frame Ski Carry - Lower reinforced ski carry loops work in conjunction with upper side carry straps to provide secure and comfortable A-frame style ski carry
- Diagonal Ski Carry - Upper and lower reinforced carry wings provide secure and comfortable diagonal style ski carry
- Vertical Snowboard/Snowshoe Carry - dual front panel Hypalon reinforced wings provide secure and comfortable vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- Horizontal Backpanel Snowboard Carry - A reinforced hipbelt wing provides quick horizontal carry across the backpanel of the pack
- Panel Load Access - Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Ice Tool Attachment - Single tool loop works in conjunction with upper carry strap to provide secure ice tool attachment
- Insulated Hydration - An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Hipbelt Pockets - Dual, articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use provide quick access to essentials
- Backpanel Access - Dual zippered access to dry storage/hydration compartment
- Dual Top Load and Backpanel Access - Dual top load and backpanel access provide for quick and convenient access from different points to internal storage
- Top Lid - The dual compartment top lid features a goggle pocket and ample extra gear storage
- Rope Compression - An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
LIGHTWIRE FRAME/HDPE SUSPENSION
- LightWire™ frame and 1.2mm HDPE framesheet (42l)
- 1.2mm HDPE framesheet only (32l/22l)
THERMOFORMED CONTOURED BACKPANEL:
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
CONTOURED EVA HARNESS:
- Webbing attachment points and insulated hydration hose sleeve
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
FIXED EVA HIPBELT:
- Single 25mm webbing ergoPull™ closure with padded hipwings
- Zippered fabric hipbelt pockets
2441 IN3 / 40 L
60H X 33W X 32D CM
2563 IN3 / 42 L
65H X 33W X 32D CM
MAIN - 420HD Nylon Packcloth
ACCENT - 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop
BOTTOM - 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop