Combining traditional touring dimensions with an ultralight design and modern shape, the Helio 95 has the technical chops for far-flung objectives and local steeps, while maintaining a balanced flex and fun, forgiving performance in deep snow.
Our mid-sized ultralight ski for technical descents from the Cordillera Blanca to the Canadian Rockies, the Black Diamond Helio 95 ski balances playful, soft-snow performance with technical precision. The Helio’s pre-preg carbon fiber layup makes it extremely light for long approaches and technical ascents, but helps maintain a smooth flex and torsional stiffness for reliable, responsive skiing on the way down. Early rise in the tip and tail improves flotation and trail-breaking efficiency, and an ABS tail protector also has an integrated skin-clip tab to keep your skins secure.
· Versatile 95-mm waist with early rise tip and tail
· Pre-preg carbon fiber layup offers torsional stiffness and balanced flex
· Ultralight engineered balsa flax wood core
· 5 mm beveled ABS sidewalls
· ABS tail protector with integrated skin-clip tab
· Optimal use: 50% soft snow/50% hard snow
· Mounting with telemark bindings is not recommended
Weight Per Pair:
[163 cm] 2.2 kg (4 lb 15 oz)
[173 cm] 2.5 kg (5 lb 8 oz)
[183 cm] 2.8 kg (6 lb 3 oz)
[163 cm] 122-95-112
[173 cm] 123-95-113
[183 cm] 125-95-114
[163 cm] 18 m
[173 cm] 19 m
[183 cm] 20 m
Construction: Pre-preg carbon layup, ABS sidewalls and ultra light engineered balsa flax wood core.