SKI TOURING WITH SAFETY AND COMFORT
SAFE AND EASY – FROM THE TIME YOU STEP IN TO THE VERY LAST TURN
With Evo it’s not only much easier to step in, it’s also more comfortable and safer to ascend. Dynamic and safe skiing included, of course. User-friendly innovations, such as the solid stop for easy step-in, lateral release at the toe, practical handling and the stable, non-turning heel unit make every ski tour perfect.
All parts are manufactured in Switzerland and assembled into high-quality products in Reichenbach. After the assembly, every binding undergoes a meticulous quality control process, including a functional test.
MINIMIZING THE RISK OF INJURY
In skiing, significant forces are acting on material and body. The prompt release based on the preset values, a defined release, and the prevention of unwanted releases help to reduce injuries to a minimum.
· LATERAL RELEASE WITH DIN-SETTING AT THE TOE - In front, same as in alpine bindings. The pin-binding with lateral release and DIN setting at the toe, where the lateral forces are acting in the event of a fall.
· ELASTICITY OF 13 MM - Releasing only if necessary. The highest elasticity of 13 mm prevents an unwanted release and cushions any lateral impact so that the ski always maintains a firm grip.
· RELEASE LEVER - Immediate release of the boot with front release. After the release of the heel, the boot tips forward. Due to the pressure of the front of the boot on the Release Lever, the boot is also immediately released by the toe unit.
· EMERGENCY RELEASE WHEN CLIMBING - Solid support while climbing and safety in an emergency. The boot is fixed and held in the middle, but the binding will release in response to high active forces. Clamping systems must be blocked while climbing to ensure stability.
SAFETY IS WELL SERVED
COMFORT IS NOT A LUXURY IN SKI TOURING
The easy step-in and the very simple handling provide security, especially in challenging terrain.
· SOLID STOP IN FRONT TO STEP IN - Easy step-in. The tip of the boot is optimally positioned by means of a solid stop in front and a positioning guide. Responding to slight pressure, the system closes with the pin levers engaging precisely in the inserts. The sequence of movements is comparable with that of an alpine binding.
· EASY OPERATION - Safety in any terrain and in all conditions. Switching from downhill to uphill mode and vice versa is very simple without having to step out of the binding. The three ergonomically walk mode levels can also be changed in no time with a pole. No other pin binding offers this level of comfort in all functions.
POWER TRANSMISSION MADE EASY
PRECISE AND SAFE CONTROL OF SKIS
Today’s touring skis and boots allow a considerably more dynamic style of skiing and the Vipec Evo is the right binding for this. Like alpine bindings, it is equipped with a solid non-turning heel and ensures in the back, where the highest forces are acting in downhill skiing, an optimal traction.
SOLID, NON-TURNING HEEL - Precise and safe control of skis. The heel unit always remains laterally stable. Unlike other pin bindings, the power flow is not interrupted by a rotating movement when the skis turn.
SAFETY AND COMFORT!
· Lateral front release with DIN setting and 13 mm elasticity
· Emergency release when climbing
· New easy step-in
· Complete easy handling package
· Solid, non-turning heel
Customized according to each skier’s personal taste
The design is a mixture of power and finesse and underscores the performance of the light-weight construction. With the replaceable Color Clips the binding can be matched to the color of the skis or the boots according to the skier’s personal taste.
This is how much safety, comfort and power weigh in ski touring.
The right mix of light high-tech synthetics and high-quality metal alloys provides superior stability at a low weight.
5 – 12
> 70 mm
500 g / unit without ski brake
Options standard ski braked for ski widths
80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mm